PETA Kids’ All-Star for Animals Contest will be conducted in three rounds: nominations, voting, and finalist voting. You can enter a child only during the nominating round.
PETA Kids will consider these two factors in choosing the finalists, runner-up, and winner:
- The enthusiasm that the child shows for animal rights, as demonstrated by their responses to the entry questions and any subsequent interviews
- The total number of votes that the entrant receives
The nominating round ends at 5 p.m. ET on June 2. Public voting to help PETA Kids determine the finalists begins on June 4 and ends at 12 noon ET on June 14. The finalists will be notified and featured on the PETA Kids website by 12 noon ET on June 16.
Voting on the finalists to help PETA Kids determine the winner and runner-up ends at 12 noon ET on June 25, and the winner and runner-up will be notified and featured on the PETA Kids website by 12 noon ET on June 29.
Other contest guidelines include the following:
- The entrants must be vegan—this means that they don’t eat, wear, or use anything made from animals or animal-derived foods or materials.
- Photos must feature only the contestant and must be appropriate and in focus. Please don’t submit fuzzy images, ones out of focus, screenshots of images, or images that use a filter of any sort—we want to see the kids’ cute faces! By submitting a photo, you’re agreeing that you own it or have the right to reproduce it and that you’re giving PETA Kids permission to use it.
- All entrants must be 12 years old or younger.
- Photos should not show kids holding exotic animals, including insects—unfortunately, it is commonplace for children to capture frogs, worms, butterflies, and other wild animals, but we discourage it. While a child may have the best of intentions, they may not be clear to the viewer.
- Entrants should not be celebrities. If your child has won your hometown’s beauty pageant or has a social media following, they still qualify. But if your child regularly appears in advertisements, we respectfully ask that they step out of the spotlight for this contest.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Open to U.S. residents only.